Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Our mayor . . . the souse?


Maybe it’s just the Irish genes, or his years of breathing the air of Bridgeport, but my God our Mayor constantly looks hammered! Day in, and day out he’s got the watery eyes, the flushed face, the trademark bedhead, and the slurred speech.

Now I’m pretty sure he’s not a drunk. Never heard anything to support this claim, and never once saw a bruise on Maggie. But it could explain his frequent memory lapses and his belligerence when reporters probe him about the city’s scandal du jour.

Tool from Channel 7: Uh, Mr. Mayor what’s the deal with the city employees operating a drug cartel on city time?

Mayor: Wha? I have no idea what you’re talking about. Are you accusing me of taking drugs?!#$

With my boyfriend Patty Fitz hot on his tail, I won’t be surprised if da Mayor does start hitting the sauce. The blackout defense probably wouldn’t hold up in court, but it’s a damn good one.

Email me at angieblog@yahoo.com

No comments: