Friday, July 29, 2005

These are a few of my least favorite things. . .

Common interests and hobbies are typically the glue that holds friendships and romantic relationships together. But I’ve found that common dislikes are really profound when it comes to molding a relationship. There’s just nothing like it when two people hate the same shit.

To that end, I thought I’d list some of the stuff/people that bug the hell out of me. People closest to me hate a lot of this too. (This list is in no particular order.)

-People who take too long getting their coffee at self-serve coffee stations. Do we really need to add sugar one . . . granule . . . at . . . a . . . time?
-People who do not move to the back of a crowded bus, or give you a dirty look if brush them trying to get past. I mean dude, do you really think if I had a choice I’d want to touch you?

-Sun-Times columnist Michael Sneed. I loathe everything about this woman. The way she looks, writes. . everything! Her “Sneedlings” are always asinine, and I really can’t believe a major metro daily would let her deliver their paper, let alone write for it.

-Metra trains filled with suburban commuters that sit FOREVER at Canal and Fulton while I’m trying to get to work. Although I enjoy making fun of the commuters in my head as they have their panicked faces pressed up against the glass, waiting to get out, I do have a job to get to.

-Swarms of Metra commuters who try to run me down at Madison and Canal while I wait for the 60 bus or God forbid, try to cross their path to get a newspaper. I can’t believe ALL of them are running late. I always have to check to see if Godzilla is chasing them. And it's worthy to note bunch of them are usually stopping first in the Osco to buy single serving bottles of wine or beers. Apparently they need to steel themselves for whatever awaits them at home.

email me at angieblog@yahoo.com

No comments: