Wednesday, October 11, 2006

And I thought I was a spaz

I got to keep it local today, and work in my neighborhood so I went to a place that has better coffee than I do and faster a web connection. I can't tell you how awesome it was to "clock in" at 8 a.m, after waking up at 7:30, throw on some sweats, go through a very rudimentary hygiene ritual, and walk 10 minutes to my new "office."

By 11:30, I felt like I had been working for a week straight so I decided to clock out and move on to yet another coffeehouse that has an awesome roasted veggie sandwich for my afternoon shift. I was standing in line to pay for my shit, when this chick jumps up from her chair, shouts "OH MY GOD!" and takes her laptop, her plate of food, her cup of coffee and her glass of water with her as she tried to run out the door. Her companion looked as if she wanted to dissolve into the floor.

My only guess? She drank way too much coffee. Or maybe she thought a passing city truck was going to tow her car, which looked nothing like a tow truck. . . I dunno. But it was pretty painful to watch.

Alright, afternoon blog break is over. And I'm hungry again.

No comments: