Friday, February 08, 2008

My dirty little secret

It's a good thing I'm not running for President, because GOP opposition research would unearth one of my guilty pleasures--the power ballad--and my candidacy would be sunk.

Man, can Chris Daughtry belt them out! Right now, try to picture me at my laptop, earbuds sprouting from either side of my head, and this blaring in my ears:

"Now that it's all said and done, I can't believe you were the one. To build me up and tear me down, like an old abandoned house."

Like an old abandon house. He's just too much. When I listen to Daughtry it's almost like it's the summer of 1989 again and I'm cruising around with my squad in Patti B's red Cavalier. It was a time when our tan little asses were small enough to fit four in the backseat. Life was so much simpler then. Oh my, how it was so simple then. Queer as it may seem, but this American Idol also ran's music makes me feel like that girl again.

So yeah, I'm ready to come clean and admit, that I, Angie Tee, loves me some Daughtry. Let's hug it out with a little more of this magic.

"I'm going home. To the place where I belong. Where your love has always been enough for me."

Peace.

P/S: I placed the album cover so large because I wanted you to notice the man rings. I like how this one rolls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i don't think you can like both wagner and daughtry.