Saturday, February 16, 2008

Who wants to go dig up Teddy Roosevelt with me?

At Second City today, a classmate and I were off in our own little group working on song writing. Completely bored, I told him that I want to bring back the Bull Moose Party. He then wowed me and recited the name of like every president in order (I always get lost somewhere between Grant and McKinley) and then I started rambling on about William Jennings Bryan and the Cross of Gold. I'm weird. But I think American Political history is funny and like to amuse friends with outbursts like, "Tippecanoe and Tyler too!" Maybe in a former life I was a 19th Century Democratic ward boss in like Boston. Irish, I'm sure of it. And likely a heavy drinker who beat his wife and kids. Possibly related to the Fitzgeralds or the Kennedys.

Anyway, what will people remember about the 2008 election one hundred years from now? Obama's "Yes We can Video"? The scores of unflattering pictures of HRC on the campaign trail ?Mitt Romney's impossibly lush hair? Only time will tell, I suppose.

No comments: