Friday, February 01, 2008

Why's he gotta be so hot?

Day-um, that's one fine looking Democrat. Forget my earlier post, I'm writing in Leo. Do you think he's just acting like he was intensely interested in the Obama Clinton debate last night?

I was on a anti-Obama fever rant all week with a coworker. I told her about this 19-year-old girl who ran around Illinois State's campus in 1992 sporting a Clinton-Gore T-shirt and a major attitude. With a beer in one hand, and a copy of Bill Clinton's Blueprint for Change in the other, I--uh--I mean she would tell anyone who'd listen:

"He's going to build a bridge to the 21st century! And he was born in a town called Hope! I love him!"

While I was doing that, I bet there was a 35-year-old gal somewhere, saying, "Arrrgh! Enough with that hope and charisma nonsense! Paul Tsongas is what our country needs!" I'm still way iritated with this Obama hullabaloo. I just wish I could find a good Super Tuesday watch party in this town. The only ones I've seen are for Obama supporters and if I show up they might hug me, and try to make me smile and abandon my politics of fear and cynicism.

I can't take any sugary goodness. I'm on Weight Watchers.

No comments: