Thursday, September 21, 2006

Late lunchtime scraps

Party Girl 2

E-tard is right, I shouldn't tease. This morning I was thinking about some more of my work-related party antics. This one time, at printing camp, I spent three days drinking by night and touring printing presses by day. This printer--located in the great state of Wisconsin--put us up in these cabins, and then let all their customers loose in a sea of booze. I ended up sending a drunken fax to my office at like 2 a.m. one night. Forever on top of my game, I called the next morning to make sure they received it. "Uh, yeah. . . we got it alright," the receptionist confirmed.

TV! TV! YIPEE!

I watched the last few minutes of the Grey's Anatomy season finale last night, a show I'm totally into. I am concerned with what's going to happen with Meredith--all summer I've been on edge. Mc Dreamy? Chris O'Donnell? Who? WHO? However, watching it again now made me realize how crazy ridiculous it is. It's mainly the scoring with songs from "The Fray" and "Snow Patrol" at these super dramatic moments like when what's-his-name picks up Izzy from Dead Denny's bed. It made me wonder if my life would be different with a soundtrack. Jerky ex-beau comes back, tries to be all romancy and sad-eyed, but I give him my best Miles Standoffish imitation. What if a Goo Goo Dolls song started up at a pivotal moment? Would I make the same choice? I also saw an awesome parody of Grey's Anatomy on Mad TV this summer that might have something with my new found criticism.

And yeah, I'm all over this show tonight.

3 comments:

t2ed said...

What'd you write in the fax?

WHERE SO WASTED!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HIOOOOO

Angie T said...

I drew a naked character bending over and showing his (crackless) ass.

And then there was some copy below--don't remember what.

t2ed said...

I've never heard of someone being mooned via fax.

I hope the text wasn't "Wish you were here."