Thursday, February 08, 2007

I've perused the Job Market forum on Craigslist so you don't have to

This is priceless:

Question re: L-1 visa holders < working_gal > 02/07 18:26:43 Okay... this may be coming from left field. I have a crush on a co-worker who holds an L-1 visa. He transferred from one of our foreign offices. He said he'd be around for 3 years (he's been with us for 1 year so far). Can he cut that short if he decides he wants to go back to his home country (Scotland)? Just wondering..

Of course < BottomChompinGnome > 02/07 18:32:42 L-1's are not enslaved, he can leave any time he wants once he's tired of vast abundance of obese chicks that is America. "n'ary an animal alive that can outrun a greased Scotsman!"

haha, funny but I'm not fat § < working_gal > 02/07 18:34:43

Does he have a crush on you too? Would it be < awkward-to-date > 02/07 18:53:32 someone you work with? Would you follow him to Scotland or Asia in 3 years?

I think he thinks I'm cute < working_gal > 02/07 19:00:32 but nothing has developed. Not sure about the other part of your question since nothing has really developed between us. We don't work on the same things and he sits on the other side of our department so we don't really see each other that much. (I worked only briefly with him, and he works with one of my bosses so we have phone contact and such.)

There's no such thing as "cute" American girls! < GrasshopperMoth > 02/07 21:09:53 Soon enough the lad will be back to Scotland or Asia to find attractive chicks!

OMG!!! I know you!!! < miss-violet-from-WiFo > 02/07 19:52:25 Is it you? The one who top-posts every Friday about her mundane interactions with this guy ("So today, I was at the machine making photocopies, and he totally walks right by me without saying anything! But then, the day before that, I was leaving the building and he was coming in and he said "Bundle up, it's cold out there" which obviously means that he was picturing me naked because I had on my winter coat at the time and I know he felt the heat between us so I'm not sure if there at the copier the attraction was just too much to handle or what. so what do you think, should I drive by his house tonight or not?") If so, it's good to see you expanding your repertoire here. If not, my apologies. But do check her out some weekend, if you're feeling nostalgic for junior high.

And with that, the thread came to an abrupt end.

1 comment:

SarahReznor said...

Obviously! He was picturing her naked!!!