Friday, February 16, 2007

TGIF

It's already happening. Today I watched seven minutes of Live with Regis and Kelly. I spent nearly two hours surfing the web this morning, trying to come up with something to post, while I drank my coffee and had my new BFFs (The WGN a.m. news crew) on in the background. I didn't notice the switchover until it was too late. I looked up at the TV, and saw the bubbly Kelly Ripa bouncing on stage. I was immediately captivated. But I knew what I had to do. Got. To. Get. Up. Turn. Off. Television!What if it takes me EIGHT minutes to turn off the tube on Monday? What then?

Got another freelance gig yesterday. I have to write something called a white paper. And to celebrate, I'm going to see the 11 a.m. showing of Babel and maybe the Queen after that and then get my hair cut. I'm thinking I'll clock in about 4 or so this afternoon.

Despite my doctor's warning, I'm going to the suburbs tomorrow to see my friend and her two daughters who I think are like 18 and 16 by now. I made quite a ruckus when I left my job saying that I had to stay out of the burbs for exactly 9 months to balance out my 9 month commuting stint. I'm feeling pretty strong. I think I can handle it.

The City of Chicago will have elections soon. I had originally planned to volunteer for Daley thinking it would be a great way to get myself one of those jobs where you get paid, but you don't show up for. But then I remembered this whole Federal investigation thing into the city's hiring practices so I was like, forget it. Probably a good thing because the last time I volunteered for Daley it was 1995, and I got completely loaded at a fundraiser. I ended up at Gibsons with these rich guys, and called up my roomates to join us. There's nothing worse than waking up the next morning, critically hung over, and in a suburb called Park Brook, or Brook Lake, or Oak . . . whatever. One for the history books.

No comments: